IDE hangs while typing

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Wed Jan 3 17:05:36 GMT 2007

Hello, all.
I have the following code in the *.h file, which makes the KDevelop to hang:

virtual void Create()	{Autoexec.CopyStr(InitStr,sizeof(InitStr)); cChnlTask::Create(Name, TaskPrio);}
virtual void Create(char*p)	{Autoexec.CopyStr(InitStr,sizeof(InitStr)); cChnlTask::Create(Name, TaskPrio);}

Now, when I try to finish editing of the second line and remove the 'Name, TaskPrio' text
from withing the brackets in the second string, the Kdevelop stably hangs. My tests show that
it is not importand what is written inside the brackets - any text been written and then
removed causes the hanging (note - this coinsides with the first string - loop in parser/completion?).
I tried to watch the 'top' command content - kdevelop eats all the time, but not memory.
After some time of hanging (2-3min) also the X-server hangs too, but I can terminate kdevelop
from the KDE if I do this immediately.

Hope this is useful.

--
Leon