Project options question

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Feb 2 08:20:14 GMT 2007

On 02.02.07 14:48:36, Phil wrote:
> >> #include "/usr/lib/qt3/include/qapplication.h"
> >> #include "/usr/lib/qt3/include/qlabel.h"
> >
> > This is wrong, use #include "qapplication.h" and tell the buildsystem
> > where your qt3 headers are installed.
>
> If I set the path like this <qapplication.h>, then I get the following error
> and I have set the Qt root path to /usr/lib/qt3/include under Project
> Options.

The Qt root path is not the include dir, but the dir above, i.e.
/usr/lib/qt3. Its what one would use for the QTDIR variable, but its
irrelevant for automake projects anyway (as stated in the whatsthis
help)

With automake projects you have to either use a KDE template for your
application or add the Qt include directories via the Automake manager.
I believe there's an entry in the FAQ on how to do this.

> I'm using Kdevelop 3.3. I tried to download version 3.4 but the server timed
> out before the download was completed.

Try another mirror, or in case of the rpm packages try again at another
time.

> > This looks pretty weird, please provide the full compilation output.
>
> Could this error be specific to Mandriva 2007?

Sorry I have no idea. It might as well be a problem with your absolute
paths to qapplication and co. I suggest to not use the C++ hello world
template but a KDE template to start an automake project that involves
Qt. Or if you want to avoid the kde-automake-overhead: Use the Qt3
templates with qmake.

Andreas

--
You may be recognized soon.  Hide.