Auotmake manager and sub classing

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Dec 14 11:32:46 GMT 2007

On 14.12.07 15:40:21, Phil wrote:

> > Uhm, there are no automake-manager Qt4 application templates, so either
> > you created a Automake app or a QMake app.
> >
> >> What files would you like me to send? The whole project? It's very basic,
> >> only what the automake manager generated plus a basic designer built
> >> form.
> >
> > I meant send them to my email adress, not to the list. And yes, the
> > whole project please.
> >

> Hello again Andreas. I hope I'm not wasting your time.

No you don't.

> I cannot see how to attach an entire directory to an Outlook Express e-mail
> (my modem is not Linux compatible) only individual files. Since a project is
> composed of many files under many directories this could end up as a huge
> mess at your end. What do you suggest?

Uhm, zip it with tar or some other zip-tool and attach that file to the
mail.

> In case it's not necessary to send the entire directory these are the steps
> that I have used to create a qt3 application. I have attempted to use the
> same procedure to create a qt4 application and by the sound of your reply
> that procedure will not work with qt4.

Right, if you create a Qt3 automake application, it will need quite some
changes to work with Qt4. Including changes in the autoconf files that
look for the right Qt. And it certainly won't work when you create a KDE
app.

> Will a template be made available to something similar under qt4? Is there a
> similar simple procedure to create a qt4 application?

For Qt4 projects there's 2 ways with KDevelop 3.5.0 or later.

a) Create a QMake Qt4 application, this can be found in the QMake node.
If you don't see the node in the template tree make sure to check "Show
All" under the treeview

b) Use the empty CMake template and read up on how to create CMake
projects. KDevelop3 has no GUI for CMake projects, but the format of the
CMake files is pretty simple. Documentation for CMake can be found in
"man cmake" and on www.cmake.org.

Andreas

--
You are number 6!  Who is number one?