Debugger: back to the quick view issue

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Tue Dec 11 14:53:42 GMT 2007

Hello, all and Volodya especially.

I just noticed that the status area of the kdevelop screen (the most low
pixels of the window) shows the variable type and description when some
variable in the edit window is clicked.
Great!!!

But from this the distance to the very simple and extremely(!!) useful feature
to show the current value of the variable is 2 minutes of programing, isn't
it?

I again ask for this very very very useful feature which makes the debugging
process much more useful. Just click the variable and you see its value! As
it is done in all known (to me debuggers).

Without this, today, I most of the time use gdb "print" command as there are
many variables which I just want to have a glance at, but not to add to
variables window and then delete them in such a complicated way as it is done
today.
Note also, that large lists of variables in variables window take me
significant time to display as I work via relatively slow serial connection.

This is really a very very useful feature, which I think is now very simple to
implement just adding the value to the printout in the status area.

Many thanks ahead.
--
Leon