Auotmake manager and sub classing

Phil phillor at telstra.com
Tue Dec 11 07:30:35 GMT 2007

Thank you for reading this.

Some time ago I found a tutorial that showed how to use kdevelop's automake
manager to create a sub class of a dialog class created with designer. I
have used this method under qt3 several times and it works well. However, I
can't get it to work under qt4.

qt4test is the sub class of my dialog class and the dialog is named "Form".
I have set the project options for qt4 and I am using designer-qt4 and
kdevelop 3.4.1.

The following is a snippet generated by the automake manager and two of the
error messages. It's possible that I may be using the include files from qt3
instead of qt4 but there doesn't appear to be any other qt4 options to set
within kdevelop. qt4testDlg.cpp and qt4testDlg.h files have not been
generated
either.

What simple step have I missed?

#ifndef QT4TEST_H
#define QT4TEST_H

#include <qwidget.h>
#include "qt4testDlg.h"

class qt4test : public QWidget, private Ui::Form
{
Q_OBJECT

/home/phil/qt4test/src/qt4test.h:27: error: 'Ui' has not been declared
/home/phil/qt4test/src/qt4test.h:27: error: expected `{' before 'Form'

Regards,
Phil.