Adding existing classes to a project

Phil phillor at telstra.com
Sun Dec 2 07:46:18 GMT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Pakulat" <apaku at gmx.de>
To: <kdevelop at barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de>
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 8:39 PM
Subject: Re: Adding existing classes to a project

> On 29.11.07 17:17:06, Phil wrote:
>> Now, I've run into a problem with a new project that uses the serial
>> QextSerialPort class. Older projects compile and run as they used to but
>> not
>> the new one. Perhaps the problem is due to the way in which I have added
>> the
>> serial class to my project.
>>
>> What I've done is to copy all of the QextSerialPort.cpp and .h files to
>> the
>> "/my_project/src" directory and then use the automake manager to add
>> those
>> files to my project. There are no library files included with the
>> QextSerialPort class, at least not with the version that I'm using.
>
> Did you use your application target and add them there? Do they show up
> in the automake manager?
>
>> Adding to a project like this has always worked in the past without any
>> problems. Could it be that I have been lucky to get away with an
>> incorrect
>> method in the past but now, due to stricter checking, I have a problem? I
>> can't see anything in the documentation that I have that relates to this.
>>
>> Finally, I notice that "build active target" does not compile the serial
>> class in my new project. It does with the older projects.
>
> Try running Automake&Friends and then Configure again from the
> buildmenu. It might be that for some reason thats not done when simply
> building the target.

Thanks for the reply Andreas,

After fiddling around for most of two days I discovered that I should not
have added the header files, as I've done in the past. In the process I seem
to have corrupted something and the only way to get kdevelop to behave was
to create a new project from scratch. It works as it should now.

Regards,
Phil.