Basic documemtation question

Phil phillor at telstra.com
Fri Aug 31 03:51:18 BST 2007

Thank you for reading this.

Due to a recent system upgrade I've lost my original documentation settings.
I'm attempting to read documents that I had previously downloaded rather
than read on-line documents.

For example, the following are the first four lines from
"/usr/share/apps/kdevdocumentation/tocs/stl.toc".

<!DOCTYPE kdeveloptoc>
<kdeveloptoc>
<title>STL (sgi.com)</title>
<base href="http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl"/>

I've edited the base href line as follows (and this one of many ideas that
I've tried):

<base href="/home/phil/stl.doc"/>

This doesn't work but I'm almost certain that's what I had done in the past.

I've had the documentation working for years but now it doesn't and I cannot
see why. Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Regards,
Phil.