Variables window focvus

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Thu Aug 9 17:37:42 BST 2007

On Thursday 09 August 2007 19:19, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On Thursday 09 August 2007 19:23:08 Leon Pollak wrote:
> > Hello, Vladimir.
> > The last SVN version: pressing "x" on a variable (to convert the display
> > format to hex) throws the focus to the gdb tab at the command line
> > entering position if "show internal commands" is ON.
> > You may ask "why it is on"? Because my scripts print some information
> > which is also filtered out when "show internal commands" is OFF, which is
> > not correct, IMHO.
>
> Are you talking about your custom startup scripts? Because if you
> explicitpy type a command, then all output should be shown, no matter if
> the command is gdb builtin or user-defined.
Hmmm.... Never checked this this way.
Yes, while "inside" already, the same commands produce output. Very strange...
Just to be precise:
My .gdbinit file contains macro "boot"
The last line of the file contains "boot" to run the macro. All print out of
he macro is invisible at the startup, but when I type this command at gdb
command line afterwards, I can see its output without a problem.

Is it the intended behavior, or I do something wrong?
--
Leon