Versions

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Thu Apr 19 12:22:29 BST 2007

On Thursday 19 April 2007, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> > Sorry to be insistant.
> > Is this version really the HEAD of the development,
> > i.e. newer then 3.4.0.1?
> yes it is. and that webpage also explains how to keep it updated with HEAD
> of kdevelop 3.4.x development.
> i.e. I compile my kdevelop via a cron job every day at 6 a.m.
Thanks. I shall follow your recommendation.

> > And if yes, why it does not have some different ID?
> Because I was lazy and did not change it.
:-))

This last version still suffers from this very very unpleasant disorder with
break points disbalance in KDevelop and underlying gdb. AFAIK, it is the main
issue, which makes its usage seriously problematic - I can never be sure that
breakpoints are set correctly. The problem that they can not be removed is
also a problem, but not so significant...

All the rest is much better now. The source text follows the breaks (!). Still
no green cursor at its correct position in most of the cases, but blinking
cursor is there indicating the break place.

THANKS!!

A small question: the lowest tab (debugger, bp, ctags, etc.) in all cases does
not need to take the full width of the screen - there are no so long texts to
be displayed. Contrary, the "automake manager" for example, needs a lot of
height as there is usually a lot of project files. Is it possible to
make "automake manager" overlap the gdb tab and not vice verse as today?

Thanks.
--
Leon