autosave

Jaikov dr at jaikov.de
Tue Apr 3 21:27:27 BST 2007

> I guess you mean for the source files, thats something that the editor
> has to do, thus any related setting would be under Settings->Configure
> Editor.

You're right, but there is no such option (using latest kdevelop 3.4 (svn)
with a php-project which probably uses KTextEditor as its editor component -
I have not found how to configure KTextEditor with autosave).

> Also Note: I'm using Kdevelop3.4 (svn) on a daily bases and it didn't
> crash for me since many weeks.

Perhaps I get some more crashes than you, because I'm on a 64-bit machine.
(kdevelop crashes approximately twice per week, f.e. when mixing key-input and
mouse-click in the editor while kdevelop is occupied with syntax checking (or
auto completion?) and of course kdevelop ends also quite abrupt without
saving, when X crashes or at a loss of power)
So autosave would be really nice (I must admit that thanks to emacs and other
applications I'm not used anymore to call save manually on a regular
basis)...

Greetings,
Jaikov