How to duplicate the project?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Sep 6 16:35:41 BST 2006

On 06.09.06 15:15:51, leonp at plris.com wrote:
> I shall be glad for the help in the following:
>
> I have a big project with a lot of parameters for configuration, compilation
> and linking.
> Now I want to duplicate it (obviously, with all its directory structure) under
> some other name - this will be some other project, very similar to the first
> one.
>
> Is there any simple way to do this?

cp /path/to/original /path/to/new

And then probably renaming the .kdevelop* files. From there a sed-run
changing the project name everywhere might be needed.

There's no feature in kdevelop that let's you do this (well you could
abuse the project templates for this, but for only 1 copy that's more
work than it's worth).

Andreas

--
There was a phone call for you.