An IDE called 'QDevelop'

Jean-Luc Biord jlbiord at qtfr.org
Tue Oct 24 10:20:25 BST 2006

Richard Dale <Richard_Dale <at> tipitina.demon.co.uk> writes:

> On Monday 09 October 2006 12:18, Richard Dale wrote:
> > I found out here:
> >
> > http://www.thelins.se/johan/2006/10/cross-platform-qt-4-ides.html
> >
> > That there is a new IDE called QDevelop. I think people will assume it is a
> > Qt only version of KDevelop when in fact it has nothing to do with KDevelop
> > - it will cause confusion and potentially 'dilute our brand'. If we were a
> > company with a registered trade mark we would sue them or something. But as
> > we're a Free Software project there isn't a lot we can do I suppose.
> Doh! It is a Qt only version of KDevelop.. Please ignore me

I am the author of QDevelop. QDevelop is for Qt as KDevelop is for Kde. The name
Kdevelop is the first letter of KDE + develop as QDevelop. What is the problem,
you are offended to see a similar name? It is the code which makes the quality
of a program, not its name. QDevelop is not a Qt only version of Kdevelop. It's
a independent IDE dedicaced to Qt but is totally independent of KDevelop. Less
complete, but faster, lighter and especially multi-platforms