distribution of project with symbolically linked files

matthew studley Matthew2.Studley at uwe.ac.uk
Thu May 18 11:10:01 BST 2006

Hi all

I want to distribute a project that needs to compile a load of code in
various directories.  The absolute and relative path to these
directories is different on the destination machine.

When I include existing files by making a symbolic link, I end up
distributing a src directory with broken links in it.

Does anybody know how I get round this problem please?  I feel I need
some sort of 'LINK_ROOT' environment variable in the autotools process?

regards

Matt
--
Dr Matthew Studley
Artificial Intelligence Group

Faculty of Computer Science,
  Engineering and Mathematics
University of the West of England
Coldharbour Lane
Frenchay
Bristol
UK
BS16 1QY
tel: +44 (0) 11732 83177
mob: +44 (0) 7712 659022

This email has been independently scanned for viruses and any virus software has been removed using McAfee anti-virus software