Code completion

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue May 2 13:00:10 BST 2006

On 02.05.06 10:42:57, Alex Bligh wrote:
> I've just upgraded from Ubuntu Breezy to Ubuntu Dapper and hence
> kdevelop from 3.2.3 to 3.3.2.
>
> Code completion seems to have gone very odd in the mean time.
> If I type the word "be" in a comment, it brings up a huge
> dropdown, starting with the word "class (bars_0)" then
> listing everything else. All the classes begin with the
> word "class" in the drop down, and it does not seem
> to be matching the word typed. After a few classes with
> bracketted names, it goes on to classes like "class ABFXBayerMono"
> which is a real class, but should not have the word "class"
> there I presume. If I select this, it inserts the word
> "ABFXBayerMono" (correct), but as this did not begin with
> "be" (the word I typed), it is bizarre it suggested it.
>
> What process builds the list in the first place? Do I need
> to rebuild it having changed versions? If so how? (I've
> rebuild the executable from scratch to no avail).

You could try to rebuild the pcs-databases via project->project
settings->c++..->code completion and then remove all db's and add them
again.

I do recall that code completion had a serious bug which caused kdevelop
to do an infinite loop that would extract all items out of the db. This
seems to be what you're seeing. I know this bug was fixed in the 3.4
branch, but I'm not sure about 3.3... I also cannot find the bug number
atm on bugs.kde.org...

Andreas

--
You've been leading a dog's life.  Stay off the furniture.