howto: kdevelop + ifort

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 18:47:15 GMT 2006

Daniel,

--- Daniel Franke <franke.daniel at gmail.com> wrote:

> > It would be great to have native support for this compiler in
> KDevelop,
> > I have looked into this issue a few times but never found the time
> > really get started.
>
> Try this:
>
>  1. create a new project (simple hello-world fortran project)
>
>  2. Project->Project Options->Configure Options->Fortran
>      * Compiler Command: ifort
>      * Compiler Flags:   $(whatever appropiate)
>
>  3. Open configure.in and remove:
>         AC_LANG_FORTRAN77, AC_PROG_F77, AC_F77_LIBRARY_LDFLAGS
>     insert instead
>         AC_PROG_FC([ifort ifc])
>
>  4. Automake & Friends
>
>  5. Configure
>
>  6. Compile as usual
>
>  7. Be happy.

thanks, this is great.

> Admitted, that's not out-of-the-box support, but still manageable ;)

Question: Will this allow you to jump to compiler errors automatically?
I have looked at the corresponding code in KDevelop and it would be
real easy to add support for Intel's compiler output but maybe it has
already been done.

Further:
You are using automake :-) which I have given up on a long time ago.
Additionally many Fortran projects contain very ( I mean very ) old
code which needs special (per file) compiler flags etc.. I am not sure,
there is talk on the developers list on adding active support for CMake
based projects. Maybe that's the way forward from the build system...

Anyway thanks
Roland