Two output problems

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 16 09:28:09 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 21:07, Ian Gordon wrote:
> Hi
> 		When using Kdevelop with C++ and Qt3 under  Suse 10 I have encountered a
> strange problem.
>  I sometimes include a cout statement in a program to ensure it is
> performing as expected but although compilation is successful  no output
> appears on the screen.
>
> 	I have also been experimenting with ruby and, on typing in a simple
> tutorial program it seems accepted by the system but on 'running ' nothing
> occurs except a message that the program has terminated normally. No
> results are printed.
There was a bug in some of the ruby projects that meant they weren't setting
up the 'main program' project attribute, and leaving it blank. So when you
ran the project nothing would happen. You need to get to the ruby project
options and add your top level source as the main program in the dialog. This
has been fixed for the next version of KDevelop in KDE 3.5.2.

> 	Perhaps these two problems are related in some way!.
No, they are different bugs I think..

-- Richard