Upgraded and project is hosed

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Mon Mar 13 03:48:17 GMT 2006

I upgraded the Ubuntu on my laptop from hoary to breezy. I have been working
on a program for a company; it's a C program in a kdevelop project. For
another project for someone else, I had to upgrade the distribution to
install another program. I ran the newly upgraded kdevelop 3.2.3, attempted
to import the project, and ran into these problems:

*There are two Run buttons. One of them attempts to run VisualBoyAdvance,
which I don't have. I have read that this is a Debian bug and I should
complain to Debian.
*The other button attempts to make a configure script and a Makefile, but ends
with this instead: "configure: error: source directory already configured;
run \"make distclean\" there first". I tried running distclean from the menu
and got the same error.

Can someone walk me through getting this project running again? I have daily
backups and can restore the directory from the 2006-03-12 backup if
necessary.

Pierre