Qt 4 autotools project?

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 15:17:15 GMT 2006

On 3/6/06, Daniel Franke <franke.daniel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tarjei,
>
> there isn't a QT3 autotools project yet, at least, not officially.
> Although I assume that it is outdated by now, you may want to have a
> look at [1]. It is a proposed automake-only based Qt3 project template
> for kdevelop. Maybe someone should add it to the wiki ;)
>
> Regards
>     Daniel
>
> [1] http://barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de/mailman/private/kdevelop-devel/2005-January/032673.html
>
> 2006/3/6, Tarjei Knapstad <tarjei.knapstad at gmail.com>:
> > Yes, I know it's not officially supported :) Still, does anyone have a
> > "recipe" for getting an autotools based Qt 4.x project up and running
> > in a relatively painless way with KDevelop 3.3?
> >
> > I've made some attempts at creating a "Simple KDE project", and then
> > tweaking acinclude.m4.in using bits and pieces from the admin dir in
> > the KDevelop 3.5/4 SVN repos without much success (the Qt tests in 3.5
> > are for Qt >= 3.2 and < 4.0, and KDE 4 uses the unsermake stuff). I
> > can of course just rip out the Qt test and add the includes etc.
> > manually but that quickly becomes a pain when building on different
> > setups.
> >
> > In any case it would be nice to have a graphical tool to edit/modify
> > the tests ran by configure. I.e., if I'm not using KDE and I don't
> > have any need to test for Cocoa etc. I could just uncheck them from a
> > list and they would be thrown out of acinclude.m4.in and in the
> > generated configure script. Is there any such feature in the works?

Thanks for the pointer Daniel, I'll have a look at it and see what I
can come up with for Qt 4.

Btw, do project templates still need to be compiled into the kdevelop
binary? Isn't this something that could be more effectively
modularized by reading project template descriptions at startup from
descriptions in XML or whatever?

Thanks again,
--
Tarjei