Qt 4 autotools project?

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 13:11:03 GMT 2006

Yes, I know it's not officially supported :) Still, does anyone have a
"recipe" for getting an autotools based Qt 4.x project up and running
in a relatively painless way with KDevelop 3.3?

I've made some attempts at creating a "Simple KDE project", and then
tweaking acinclude.m4.in using bits and pieces from the admin dir in
the KDevelop 3.5/4 SVN repos without much success (the Qt tests in 3.5
are for Qt >= 3.2 and < 4.0, and KDE 4 uses the unsermake stuff). I
can of course just rip out the Qt test and add the includes etc.
manually but that quickly becomes a pain when building on different
setups.

In any case it would be nice to have a graphical tool to edit/modify
the tests ran by configure. I.e., if I'm not using KDE and I don't
have any need to test for Cocoa etc. I could just uncheck them from a
list and they would be thrown out of acinclude.m4.in and in the
generated configure script. Is there any such feature in the works?

Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,
--
Tarjei