Getting rid of writting C++ boilerplate code

Frank Sonntag f.sonntag at slingshot.co.nz
Fri Jun 30 09:38:33 BST 2006

Dear all,

one annoying "feature" of C++ is that you have to duplicate code, when you
separate definition from declaration.
I think it would be nice if kdevelop could help here by automatically adding
code.
Let's say you add a new function declaration to a class. The plug-in would
then add an empty definition to the definition file.
It would also be nice if later the code would be kept in sync, so that you
never have to do a change twice.

Does that sound feasible (and sensible)?

If nobody is already working on such a plug-in, I would be interested to do it
myself and would appreciate any suggestions as to what existing code might
helpful (e.g. because it keeps track of symbols or the like).

I would also be interested to hear other ideas that might fit in with a more
versatile C++ "RAD" plug-in.

Cheers,
Frank