how to pass linker options?

kitts kitts at hotpop.com
Mon Jun 19 19:38:37 BST 2006

I am working on developing a kernel for an embedded x86 platform. To make a
beginning i am building a basic multiboot compatible kernel.

The above consists of three source files. kernel.c, boot.S and multiboot.h

On the command line, i would build it as:

$gcc -c --gstabs+ kernel.c boot.S
$ld -Ttext 100000 kernel.o boot.o

I know i don't need an IDE for just the above but this is just the beginning
and there will be many more files included! :-)

I intend to make an autotools based project where i can add in more files
when necessary. I am unable to set the right options to make this possible.

The default build complains of multiple definitions of "_start" (its in
boot.S) as expected. I need to bypass the standard startup files and pass
specific linker options.
--
Cheers!
kitts