Passing Variables to qmake through KDevelop

Patrick Noffke pnoffke at bigpond.com
Tue Jan 31 23:04:44 GMT 2006

Lugg William H Civ 309 SMXG/MXDCE wrote:

>As you all probably know you can define variables in Qt .pro files to allow
>things like generating different Makefiles based on the state of the
>variable.  We do this in our main .pro file to put the target executable in
>a different place depending upon whether a variable is set or not.  The
>command line form of the qmake statement is as follows:
>
>qmake -o Makefile BUILDTYPE=Local tdsppu.pro
>
>In KDevelop, when the Makefile is missing, it runs qmake to generate it.
>How can I get the 'BUILDTYPE=Local' text into the qmake command so that I
>don't have to jump back to the command line to run this?

The only solution I found was to set environment variables before
running kdevelop.  I had to set QTDIR, QMAKESPEC, and PATH, and found
nothing to work from within the IDE.  I've created a small script as
follows for running kdevelop for use with Qt Embedded:

#!/bin/bash

export QTDIR=/opt/qt-embedded-eval-3.3.3
export QMAKESPEC=qws/linux-br-g++
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH

kdevelop $@

It's not ideal especially if you're changing BUILDTYPE frequently, but
it's better than nothing.

Pat