Build errors when trying to implement DCOPObject [SOLVED]

kitts kitts at hotpop.com
Sun Jan 29 12:44:31 GMT 2006

On Sunday 29 January 2006 13:09 IST, kitts wrote:
> I am following a tutorial from KDE developers pages. So far along the way
> the problems i have faced have mostly been with libraries not included
> for the project. I have at each stage managed to discover the names of
> the libraries associated with the code and managed to come till here
> where i am stuck with implementing the DCOP interface.
>
> In a file called kdesampleIface.h, trying to compile the following code;
>
> #include <dcopobject.h>
>
> class kdesampleIface
>         :virtual public DCOPObject
> {
>         K_DCOP
>
>         k_dcop:
>                         virtual void setURL(QString s)=0;
> };

This problem is solved. I had modify the 'source files' listing in the
associated makefile.am to include kdesampleIface.skel

It now reads as:

kdesample_SOURCES = kdesample.cpp main.cpp kdesampleIface.skel

I was hoping such quirks were going to be handled by the IDE. This is
probably a requirement well understood by KDE developers but i am just
starting and the tutorial on the developers pages does not talk about the
makefiles, the libraries and compiler commands that need to be added and
are not typical to non KDE developers.

Honestly, i do not understand the technology completely. Hence any pointers
to places from where i can learn will be much appreciated.
--
Cheers!
kitts