qmake, qt and license question

Jim Bodkikns (Dakotacom) JimBodkins at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 14 22:57:38 GMT 2006

   I understand the situation with the Qt toolset. I am just trying kdevelop
and kdevelop designer. I have imported a ui from kdevelop designer into
kdevelop. Pretty straight forward. I cant perform a build however, as qmake
isnt found.

   My question is: is it possible to use kdevelop and kdevelop designer
without encountering the Qt license? (Commercial) What I am doing is
commercial, but has less value than a single Qt workstation license :). Is
there an alternative to qmake (using kdevelop designer) that doesnt impose
commercial restrictions?

Thanks
Jim
P.S.
I'm new to this and may (probably) missed something.