variables view auto-lowering (Was: Remarks on 3.3.93)

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Mon Dec 11 16:23:57 GMT 2006

On Monday 11 December 2006 19:09, kitts wrote:
> On Monday 11 December 2006 21:06 IST, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Because KMDI (the underlying library for that ui mode) is totally
> > broken. Check out the Simple IDEAl mode, it doesn't have all features of
> > IDEAl, but is much less broken.
>
> True but there is one important reason i use the IDEAL mode. As soon as i
> start the debugger, the variables view opens up and then collapses itself
> when i stop debugging. This unfortunately is not the behavior when in the
> simple mode. It's a handy feature! :-)

And unfortunately, the auto-hide feature was removed on SVN HEAD, because
with it, if you move variables window to bottom of the window, it will then reappear
on the left edge, due to bugs in KMDI.

In fact, I'm not not sure which is more important -- auto-hide or keeping the position.

Hmm, I wonder why this auto-show and auto-hide does not work in simple mode. Are raiseView
and lowerView implemented there? Alexander?

- Volodya