Workspace support exists?!?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Aug 29 21:09:11 BST 2006

On 30.08.06 00:44:53, kitts wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 August 2006 23:47 IST, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > That's outdated I think, the "stubs" exist but nobody implemented it.
> > At least the "common project manager abstracted from the build system"
> > will happen for kdevelop 4.0
>
> Does that mean that workspace support will not be part of KDevelop 4.0? Is
> the idea shelved?

I have no idea, you should ask this on kdevelop-devel. I guess if nobody
wants to implement it, then it won't be done.

While sometimes I find this workspace-idea useful, it would make
kdevelop a monster similar to eclipse in terms of memory usage. And I
think the developer rather speed up project loading than requiring
512MB RAM for KDev.

> I was looking forward to it and a cmake manager like the
> current automake manager.

This _will_ happen, i.e. KDevelop4 will have cmake support, only that in
KDev4 the project manager will be more general and there will be a
second layer that maps the project managers actions to the actual build
system.

Andreas

--
You will receive a legacy which will place you above want.