Detecting OpenGL in KDevelop wxWidgets apps

Francesco Montorsi f18m_cpp217828 at yahoo.it
Wed Apr 12 23:04:03 BST 2006

Manoj Rajagopalan ha scritto:
 > Hi all
 >
 >   KDevelop generates a skeleton wxWidgets application but does not
detect the wxWidgets OpenGL support.

 >   It turns out that `wx-config --libs` itself does not return the
flags for openGL linkage and this has to be performed in a separate step
using `wx-config --libs std gl`.

 >    To get around this I hacked the configure script generated by
KDevelop and made the above modification. Is there anyway KDevelop can
be instructed to look for the wxWidgets OpenGL flags at configure time?
I don't know why but when using KDevelop 'new project' menu, choosing
'simple hello world etc etc' from wxWidgets node, it creates a wx
project with a configure.in which does not use the wxWidgets m4 macros.

I suggest you to replace your kdevelop-generated configure.in with the
configure.in which comes with wxWidgets distributions in
build\bakefiles\wxpresets\sample\configure.in.
Then replace AM_PATH_WXCONFIG call with:

AM_PATH_WXCONFIG([2.6.0], [WXFOUND=1], [WXFOUND=0], [gl,core,base])

More info in the wxwin.m4 file.

Francesco