printf outputs nothing in KDevelop

Žáček Kryštof Krystof.Zacek at i.cz
Fri Apr 7 07:32:24 BST 2006

Thanks, but this was not the case. There is a bug in KDevelop I think:

1. Create pure C console program with this statement: printf("Hello\n");
2. Configure debugger to "Enable separate terminal for application IO"
3. Run the debugger. A Konsole on /dev/pts/1 will be launched
   (a /dev/pts/1 will appear in /dev/pts)
4. Finish the debugger (/dev/pts/1 will disappear)
5. Start the debugger again: a messageBox will appear "gdb message: /dev/pts/1: no such file or directory"
   and no further debugging is possible

Just a remark: I am using udev for /dev/