How to use QObject/moc?

kitts kitts at hotpop.com
Wed Apr 5 18:57:40 BST 2006

I have been using KDevelop for a while but am still quite new in developing
for KDE.

I have been working for a KDE program without much problem till date. I
always use the class wizard to generate a new class when i need it and it
has worked well.

Now however, i want to extend class written by another developer of the same
project. I want to make the class inherit from QObject so i can have
signals and slots, but am unable to do so.

I have added ":public QObject" beside the class and the "Q_OBJECT" keyword
in the class header as is in the other classes created by the class wizard.
I get the error

"/usr/share/qt3/include/qobject.h:211: error: 'QObject::QObject(const
QObject&)' is private"

I have also tried placing "#include filename.moc" at the bottom of the
implementation file.

How do I work with QObject and moc?
--
Cheers!