newbie question : distributing my autotools-bsed project

matthew studley Matthew2.Studley at uwe.ac.uk
Wed Sep 14 13:29:20 BST 2005

hi all

I'm a newcomer to kdevelop, and the autotools.

I have created the 'hello world' project.  I'm running kdevelop (v3.2.0)
on my desktop.  No problem.

I now want to distribute and install on another machine, a supercomputer
where I have to use icc as the c++ compiler.

I have used menu>Project>Distribute to create a gzipp'd tarball.

I unpacked that on the destination machine, and ran aclocal, autoconf
and automake -af

Automake complained about a missing ltmain.sh (so I sent it over by
ftp).

./configure; make correctly built everything... but using g++.

Please tell me; How do I specify that I want to use icc, not g++?  I
presume I have to set and export an environment variable?

regards

Matt

Artificial Intelligence Group,
Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences,
The University of the West of England,
Frenchay,
BRISTOL
BS16 1QY
U.K.

This email has been independently scanned for viruses and any virus software has been removed using McAfee anti-virus software