Auto-show of debugger windows (Was: Simple question)

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Thu Sep 1 11:06:45 BST 2005

On Thursday 01 September 2005 13:50, Gunther Piez wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 01 September 2005 07:59 schrieb Vladimir Prus:
> > On Wednesday 31 August 2005 18:51, leonp at plris.com wrote:
> > > Also, as
> > > there is no quick way to see the variable value (for example, as I
> > > suggested - as a call out when cursor is hoovering over the variable),
> >
> > As you probably know, this boils down to "Kate can't do this".
>
> How unfortunate. Does this mean, we are never going to see something like
> the assembler code embedded int the c-source, like in kdbg?

I'm not awere if current Kate can do this, either, and suspect that no. I hope
that in KDE4 both variable tooltips and interleaved asm source will be
possible, but KDE4
is so distant....

> Or is it possible to change Kate to do something like this, without
> affecting all the other apps which use kate?

I haven't looked into this in detail. Tooltips should not be very hard, while
interleaved assembler is worse.

- Volodya