searching assembler plugin

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Nov 24 18:29:46 GMT 2005

On Thursday 24 November 2005 17:27, Matthias Hog wrote:
> thanx for your answer.
> but i think you misunderstood me. i am not searching a tool for developing
> under windows. i seeking a tool for delveloping under linux!
> so my question was
> exists there any asembler plugins for the kdeveloper (or others ide exept
> of emacs ;)?

It seems there is a free compiler for the 8051:
http://sdcc.sourceforge.net/

If you can write Makefiles to compile your sources, you can use the kdevelop
"import existing project" feature.
If you want to use cmake (www.cmake.org) to produce the makefiles, you can
tell cmake to produce project files for kdevelop.

If you want syntax highlighting for your assembler files, you probably have to
write a highlighting definition file for this assembler syntax for kate (not
hard to do).

What more do you expect from an "assembler plugin" for kdevelop ?

Bye
Alex