Detached windows does not remeber their positions

leonp at plris.com leonp at plris.com
Thu Nov 10 09:56:08 GMT 2005

Hello, all.

I searched the bugzilla and saw that there are some 7-9 records reporting this
problem - the detached windows does not remember their configuration between
kdevelop restarts. This is said to be the bug of kmdi. So far, so good...

Now, I took the KNode application and checked the same situation - its windows
remember their positions!!! Does this mean that they use some other technique
to store this although the KNode's outline seems to be identical to the
kdevelop...

I started these searches, as the problem is VERY VERY annoying, is reported
for more then 2 years and still not clear when will be solved, while seems to
be rather basic... Well, well... I know, KDE is free...:-))

Thanks.
--
Leon