KConfig XT usage

Steven Suson suson at TuckerEnergy.com
Thu Mar 31 19:08:08 BST 2005

Greetings everyone,

    I am having a problem using the KConfig XT facilities. I created my
.kcfg and .kcfgc files and added them to my project. I get the following
when I attempt to build the project:

/home/suson/KDevelop/ktoolstack/src/ktoolstack.kcfg
/home/suson/KDevelop/ktoolstack/src/settings.kcfgc; ret=$?; if test
"$ret" != 0; then rm -f settings.h ; exit $ret ; fi
gmake[3]: Circular /home/suson/KDevelop/ktoolstack/src/ktoolstack.kcfg
<- settings.h dependency dropped.
/bin/sh: line 1: /home/suson/KDevelop/ktoolstack/src/ktoolstack.kcfg:
Permission denied
gmake[3]: *** [settings.h] Error 126

    It appears as if it is attempting to execute ktoolstack.kcfg as a
script. I am running Qt 3.3.3, KDE 3.3.1, KDevelop 3.1.2 on a highly
updated Red Hat 9 system.

    If I can provide any more information, in order to work through this
problem, please let me know. Also, as I see no similar issue at
bugs.kde.org, I'll need to know if I need to report a bug.

Thanks in advance,
Steve