can post to list!

Nikolisin, Harald harald.nikolisin at sofistik.de
Fri Mar 18 12:09:59 GMT 2005

well, I used everytime the same email adress...

so, next try - I paste the text into this mail..to see what's happen

----
hi list members

I'm pretty desperated about a new KDevelop installation on my PPC
computer running Yellow Dog Linux.

YDL ships KDevelop 3.0.3 which runs unstable (at least 100% crash
guarantee when quit the program). Fedora offers a 3.1.2 rpm which
requires libstdc++.so.6 (never saw that before - I have version 5).

ok, lets build the sources which was never a problem on any SuSE
machines. and suprise, it's no problem: configuring/make/make install
runs without error or warning messages.

But every time I load a C/C++ project or create a new one it reports
"Die Sprachunterstützung für C++ kann nicht angelegt werden." - I read
at the bug tracking system that the english message is "Could not create
language plugin for C++" (which is quite clearer).

First I thought it's because I installed it in the second KDE base
directory /usr/local (yes, KDEDIRS=/usr:/usr/local and I ran
kbuildsycoca, other KDE programs didn't have problems), but then I
installed it in the original /usr dir, which doesn't solve the problem.

The above mentioned entry in the bugtracking system, which had the same
problem (at a SuSE machine..) said that he solved the problem with
installing libdb4.1 - I have currently installed libdb4.2 but according
to a previous mail, KDevelop >= 3.1.0 does not need libdb any longer.
Well, I assume any dependecy is broken on this Yellow Dog Linux system
which I can't find. There is no error output while running Kdevelop and
config.log seems to be good. What can I do :(   - no, throwh away the
PPC is not a solution ;-)

many thanks for every hints and thanks above all for KDevelop (enjoy it
since years on SuSE machines)
  harald

PS1: problem occured with KDevelop 3.1.0 - 3.1.2 and several CVS versions
PS2: does anyone knows runstring parameter, to enforce the english GUI
of KDevelop - if not, which german translation file must I delete to
start KDevelop in the english version?
----

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards

Dipl.-Ing. Harald Nikolisin
SOFiSTiK AG (Entwicklung)