how to add dynamic library?

Alvin Beach abeach at deepvision.ca
Tue Mar 8 16:59:04 GMT 2005

On March 9, 2005 01:04 am, Muhammad Rizwan Khan wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I guess this question is not directly related to kdevelop. I am asking this
> question here, bczuse i am sure that there are lot of C++ gurs, who can
> solve this problem easily. I have created .so from kdevelop project
> (libuser.so) and copied this .so file in /usr/lib/. Now when i tried to
> include the header of this .so (i.e. user.h) in some other project created
> in kdevelop, the new project dont recognizes this "#include "user.h"".
> Although i have executed the ldconfig as well. Any idea what is missing
> here.

You need to copy the necessary header files to /usr/include (following
the /usr/lib example).

One way would be to copy the user.h into /usr/include/libuser (you will need
to make the /usr/include/libuser directory.

> Another thing is that, is it possible to call one .so from some other
> .so....

Yup (well, you wouldn't be linking the one .so to the other .so.) The only
catch is that when you link the .so to your program (the one with main()) you
will need to specify both .so libraries.

--
Alvin