kdevelop-3.2.0-rc1

Bernd Schubert bernd-schubert at gmx.de
Mon Mar 7 14:49:01 GMT 2005

On Monday 07 March 2005 14:36, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> On Monday 07 March 2005 13:46, you wrote:
> > Dear Amilcar, dear list-maintainer,
> >
> > this is the third time I'm trying to send that mail to the list, after
> > the first two attempts it simpy didn't appear on the list.
>
> Are you subscribed to the list? The list sometimes has a latency of a
> couple of hours.
> You need to be subscribed in order to post.

Sure I'm subscribed. Until last week as bernd-schubert at web.de, always received
mails from the list, my first mail (on Friday) about this topic never
appeared on the list. Well, as I have trouble with at least one other list, I
unsubscribed, subscribed with the gmx.de address posted again, posted again
on Sunday morning, again no mail on the list :(
Third attempt suddenly works fine, maybe it just doesn't like me ;)

> > first the good news, making debian packages for 3.2.0-rc1 was rather
> > easy, debian unstable users may use this sources.list line:
> >
> > deb http://www.pci.uni-heidelberg.de/tc/usr/bernd/downloads/kdevelop/ ./
>
> I'll post that on our website too, thanks.

With the current problems, I had to revert back to 3.1.2 from sid. Though for
people wanting to experiment its certainly ok...

> > 1.) Closing a project causes kdevelop to crash completely, the backtrace
> > is below.
>
> That is usualy a QT bug in the debian code.

Hmm, so there's no way to fix this from the kdevelop side? Do you know more
about this bug?

> > 2.) On opening kdevelop, I cannot import an existing project, this first
> > seems to be possible when another project was already load.
>
> Works fine here. Project -> Import

Strange, could this be possibly dependent on the kde version? On my system
there's still kde-3.2.2 from debian sid.

> > 3.) Independent which project I load, when I try to open files, kdevelop
> > insists of first giving me the directory "/home/bernd/src/wave/trunk/",
> > which is one of my project. Config file deleted, on next start up no
> > recent project available, first opened another project, trying again to
> > open files, again, its in the "wave/trunk" directory. Where does it store
> > these information?
>
> in the kdeveloprc file

Hmm, thats the file I deleted.

Thanks,
 Bernd

--
Bernd Schubert
Physikalisch Chemisches Institut / Theoretische Chemie
e-mail: bernd.schubert at pci.uni-heidelberg.de