kbuildsycoca

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jun 30 18:29:18 BST 2005

On 30.Jun 2005 - 18:46:23, Harald Nikolisin wrote:
> hi list,
>
> old topic, new problem:
> after installing kdevelop in /usr/local instead of /opt/kde3 (default)
> KDevelop can't load C++ plugin ..blabla
>
> yes, I had set KDEDIRS, the annoying thing is that I must every time I
> log in in KDE re-enter the "kbuildsycocoa" command. Every time the
> changes are lost...
>
> any ideas? I'm using SuSE 9.2 and KDE 3.3.2

This is just a guess: You set KDEDIRS in .bashrc (or whatever your shell
uses) and that's the problem. Normally those don't get executed when
logging in, only of you include them from your .bash_profile (or
.profile or whatever your shell uses). But this can still be not enough,
as far as I know kdm until kde3.4.0 did not start a login-shell when
starting the session, thus neither .bash_profile nor .bashrc are read,
so KDEDIRS are empty when starting KDE (where kbuildsycoca is run).

As I don't know SuSE that much, the only hint I can give is: create a
file .xsession in your home and put

export KDEDIRS=...
/opt/kde3/bin/startkde

In there. I hope SuSE cares about a .xsession in the home...

Andreas

--
You will be aided greatly by a person whom you thought to be unimportant.