Empty menus

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jun 3 00:08:39 BST 2005

On 03.Jun 2005 - 00:31:30, marmolro wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I download the source (HEAD) via svn and I compile it without relevant
> errors. But when I start the kdevelop, some menus are empty (Edit,
> Debug, Tools) and others are incomplete. For example, I only can open
> a project, not create one.
>
> Any idea whats happens?

Did you install into the same directory that kde is installed? If not:

export KDEDIRS=<directory where kdevelop is installed to>:$KDEDIR
kbuildsycoca

The reason is: Large parts of kdevelop are created as plugins and these
can only be loaded if they are found. I'm not a KDE-expert but as far as
I understand this, these plugins are only found if they are in the
system configuration, hence the run of kbuildsycoca.

Andreas

--
Your sister swims out to meet troop ships.