stack problem

Gunther Piez gpiez at web.de
Tue Jul 12 11:01:29 BST 2005

Am Dienstag, 12. Juli 2005 11:02 schrieb Ellen De Beuckeleer:
> Hi,
>
> I can't get it to work :(. I tried  "ulimit -s unlimited" and "ulimit -s
> 1000000" followed by kdevelop started from the shell. Valgrind (run from
> kdevelop interface) still gives the errors. Any suggestions?
>

> Ellen

Just to make it sure, I did a small test with

int main(int argv, char *argc[]) {
        char big[100000000];
        big[99999999]=0;
        return big[0];
}

If ulimit is set to unlimited or more than 100 M it works, otherwise it
crashes.
Try it yourself. Maybe there is a stack limit imposed by a library you use,
but neither the C++ compiler nor the operating system have limits besides the
archictecture depended limits, AFAIK at least 2 GB.
So this is the wrong place to look for errors, i recommend to debug your
program/libray.