Starting Debugger

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Tue Jan 25 19:22:53 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 20:06, Jorge Almeida wrote:
> I'm using Kdevelop 3.1.0 and I need to do some debug.
3.1.0 is a bit old the current KDevelop HEAD (will become KDevelop 3.1.92) has
143 less bugs than 3.1.0

> I've already look at the user manual but i can't identify in the IDE some
> of the things that are there defined like "Variables","FrameStack", etc...
They only appear after you start to debug.

> The only thing that appears to me is a little window with some buttons to
> run the program and jump some things and enter in another things but in the
> "viewers" window i can't view anything.
> I try to set something (function names, variable names) and nothing.
> Please could someone help with this question or pointing me some link where
> this problem is solved.
You need to use the debug profile in:
Project options-> configuration.
And you need to disable optimizations (if you have defined some)

Pasting the output of the debug window would also help.

> I have debug enabled (--enable-debug=full) in my project options.
It helps too.

Regards,
--
Amilcar Lucas