32Bit development in 64Bit environment

Alexander Puchmayr alex at olymp.linznet.at
Thu Jan 20 17:08:24 GMT 2005

Am Montag, 17. Januar 2005 16:30 schrieb Reinhard Moeller:
> Hello,
> it is not yet clear to me how do define a project on an AMD 64Bit Linux
> system, that will also run on 32Bit regular Intel architectures. Also
> the executables should run in both environments.
> I am using kdevelop 3.3.2 and developing a QT based application.
> All help is greatly appreciated.
> Reinhard Moeller
> rmoe@ lfa.uni-wuppertal.de

Did you try to setup your project's CFLAGS properly, i.e. something like

CFLAGS="-m32 -march=pentium ..."

See manual page of gcc (submodel options for i386) for details.

Of course, you have to ensure that the proper 32 bit libraries are installed
and you link your project against these.

Greetings
 Alex

--
Alexander Puchmayr