Kevelop 3.1.2 crash

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at swipnet.se
Tue Jan 11 00:13:35 GMT 2005

On Monday 10 January 2005 22.03, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Monday 10 January 2005 13:33, Manfred Rebentisch wrote:
> > Kdevelop 3.1.2 on KDE 3.3.2 crash every time, if a file was change
> > externaly after the Dialog, which tell, that a file has changed and ask,
> > if I want to load it from disk.
> >
> > <grummel>
> > Bin stinksauer darüber!
> > </grummel>
> >
> > Manfred
>
> You are using ideal mode with "warn user if file has changed", right ?
> Change to "Reload automatically if changed" and the crash will go away. I
> already had a look at the code and it's quite hard to follow.
> A backtrace is attached.
>
> Bye
> Alex

Yeah.. I haven't made any progress with that crash either. First time I saw
it, I thought it was my system only, but it appears pretty much everyone can
reproduce it under the right circumstances. I guess if we can't figure this
out soon, we need to remove the 'alert' option. :(

I noticed that the crash doesn't happen if we "step off" the callchain from
katepart and not show the alert messagebox direcly, and instead signal
ourselves via a singleshot timer. However, this messes up the other part of
the file alteration logic - the part which listens to newStatus() - a signal
telling us when the editor buffer changes state.

jd