helpsystem

Alexander Dymo adymo at mksat.net
Tue Feb 15 16:09:40 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 15 February 2005 17:21, Thomas Feuerle wrote:
> as a former windows user I am used to Microsoft Visual Studio with its
> help system. For example, if I had forgotten, which format specifier I
> have to use when using "printf", I just had to hit "F1" to get the help
> of the API-call "printf". Is there something similiar to use with
> KDevelop? I tryed the MAN-Pages, there I got some help. But is there
> maybe another, easier to use helpsystem, maybe useable as plug-in for
> KDevelop?
Make sure you have KDevelop > 3.1 installed. Then among with KDevelop
you will have KDevelop Assistant (kdevassistant) application - a documentation
browser you're looking for.
It can display man/info pages and can search for the documentation in other
sources. Editor context menus in KDevelop IDE should launch KDevelop Assistant
if you configure them to do that.

--
Alexander Dymo
ICST Department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine