helpsystem

Alvin Beach abeach at deepvision.ca
Tue Feb 15 15:54:21 GMT 2005

On February 15, 2005 11:21 am, Thomas Feuerle wrote:
> Hi,
> as a former windows user I am used to Microsoft Visual Studio with its
> help system. For example, if I had forgotten, which format specifier I
> have to use when using "printf", I just had to hit "F1" to get the help
> of the API-call "printf". Is there something similiar to use with
> KDevelop? I tryed the MAN-Pages, there I got some help. But is there
> maybe another, easier to use helpsystem, maybe useable as plug-in for
> KDevelop?
> Every hint is welcome!
> Thanks a lot,
> Thomas

I don't KDevelop has that type of  help functionality. But, it does have a
nice MAN page interface. You can get the man page for various
functions/commands a couple of ways:

1) Help->Man page...
2) Right click on the function (e.g. printf) and select "Goto Manpage:
printf".

Also, info pages may also provide some help.

In Konqueror, you can use the man:// protocol to see the man pages in nice
format.

I think MAN pages are all that's available for standard functions. Myself, I
tend to use Google/Man pages/Info pages/Source code documentation as my