Debugger inserts at BP something

leonp at plris.com leonp at plris.com
Mon Aug 29 06:54:55 BST 2005

Hello, all.

As the issue looks for me very very strange, I want to discuss it here before
going further...

Facts:
I do embedded development with kdevelop 3.2.90 on FC3-64 machine.

Sometimes (!?) I run into a problem when the code at the breakpoint place
becomes incorrect - the actual assembler command is substituted by the comman
with the code 0x38000000 (PowerPC architecture), which is: load GPR 0 with 0.

I was sure that the problem is in downloading the code and recently made the
trick to read it back and compare - no errors.

Now, I catch the cause -  when the donloading is done WITH the BP active (set
in Kdevelop), the substitution takes place. When no BP is set before
downloading - everything is OK.

One can ask (and this is what I ask myself) - Kdevelop is only a frontend to
the gdb, blame it.
Fine, but how can this one explane that DDD (with the same gdb) has never such
a problem for years?

I am lost and will be very thankfull for any ideas.
--
Leon

P.S. The same problem was with kdevelop 3.2.2