Code completion doesn't work

linqs at gmx.de linqs at gmx.de
Wed Aug 24 17:44:20 BST 2005

Hi Petr,

  I encounter this problem as well, and for some reason code completion is not
working for members of the father class in the child class in this specific
case.
I guess the problem is because of the fact that only the ui - files, created
with qt designer, are an actual part of the project and not the cpp/h files
resulting from these ui files. Those cpp/h files are created during the build
process and therefore the cppparser has no chance to know about its members
because they are simply not there from the cppparsers point of view. Note
that even the then generated files are not a real part of the project! Maybe
seperatly parsing of the ui files would help to resolve this issue but that
is something that kdevelop developers should do.

So I think you do nothing bad at all. Code completion seems to work perfect
except for this case.

regards

quirin