kdevelop doesn't read .gdbinit

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Apr 26 13:05:54 BST 2005

Hi,

I'm having a problem debugging apps from within kdevelop. The problem
are the QT classes, which I cannot "look into", i.e. I can't see the
value of a QString. All works well using kdbg, but kdbg uses my
$HOME/.gdbinit which sources the /usr/share/kdesdk-scripts/kde-devel-gdb
from kde3.4.0 debian packages. kdevelop is compiled from sources using
CVS from 04-22-05. I had this working some time ago (using kdevelop
3.1.2 IIRC). I'm a bit clueless as to where to start looking, or how I
could force the gdb spawned by kdevelop to use my .gdbinit?

Andreas

--
There is a fly on your nose.