creating subfolders with c code

Christian Harrer christian.harrer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 18:03:15 BST 2004

i installed version 3.1.0 of KDevelop.
to simplify the description of my problems i create the sample program
by PROJECT - NEW PROJECT. then i choose this simple HELLO WORLD
program.

now i want (for testing purposes) to add a second file with its
corresponding header file. the purpose is simple this: in the main
program i just  want to call a function, which is defined in the
second c file, which is located in a subfolder of SRC.

there are a lot of proposals for a solution in this (and other)
newsgrooups and mailinglists, but none of them really worked out.

in the automake manager i chose ADD SUBPROJECT, which creates a new
folder. then (i guess) by right clicking this new folder, i  execute
ADD TARGET. this is where i dont know how to proceed. i tried most of
the settings but none of them really worked.
for example, i did this (like described in another newsgroup):
primary: program, prefix: noinst, filename: anything

then, in the lower half of the automake manager i selected this entry,
and added my exsiting files. everything was okay, except for the fact,
that when building the files, the compiler couldn find the function
from the second c file. then i simply typed a printf statement into
the header file (for testing purposes), then it worked.
the above mentioned setting, seems to apply only for header files.

so what am i supposed to do, to add files (new or existing, i dont
care) TO A SUBDIRECTORY of my source folder?

thank you

chris