GDB config script

Nick Savoiu savoiu at ics.uci.edu
Wed Oct 6 00:42:20 BST 2004

Hi,

I would also like to pass extra commands to GDB when it is invoked from
KDevelop. I would like to pass the following commands before 'run' is
invoked

set auto-solib-add 0
break main

and the following after the breakpoint is hit:

sharedlibrary <libs.so>
continue

In the above <libs.so> would change over time. The other things are static.

This allows me to selectively load symbols which is critical for debugging a
very large program. I thought 'Program Arguments' under Project->Project
Options->Debugger would help but it just seems to be a dead entry. It's
overridden by the same setting in Project->Project Options->Run Options.

Thanks,
Nick